Sunday 6 October 2013

More babies?

So much talk of babies recently - there is definitely a baby boom going on, 2013 has been full of births and pregnancies! 

It's no secret that I didn't want more babies up until recently -  I had a far from great pregnancy, labour and delivery and I certainly did not want to go through any of that again. Also with Orlaith being how she was, I definitely did not want to experience that a second time round. I would have been happy with one child.  It's no secret that I now want more babies, I've always loved babies and the older ones too, and would go as far to say I'm quite a natural with children but now I definitely would like to add to the brood. 

I think deep down it's simply because I miss being pregnant, I adored the pregnancy excuse! I definitely had my hard times whilst pregnant (what pregnant women doesn't?!) but I just loved feeling connected with my child and feeling her move around; such a surreal feeling that I wish everyone could experience at some point in their lives. I am no longer contented on having just one child, I want Orlaith to experience siblings and have that closeness of a family like I had growing up; but I am 100% contented with her, so if she is all I'll ever get then I'll die a happy lady!

Here's the hard part, although it's "a very slim" chance of having another HI baby - statistically one in four - would I willingly put myself up for that this time round, knowing exactly what could be in store? I posted an article earlier on today (living with hyperinsulinism - for those who haven't seen it), of an amazing family who have two children with hyperinsulinism; I'm actually speechless at the courage of this family, hats off to them! It really is inspiring. It's an interesting read for you HI mummies as I know it's something we all have to consider at some point in your lives. 

So who knows, maybe next year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment