Tuesday 18 November 2014

Emila Coco is here!

On Wednesday 20th August 2014 at 9.45am, weighing an impressive 10lbs 2oz, Emila Coco made her dramatic entrance into the world via emergency c-section.



So far, all seems healthy and her admission to the neonatal unit at birth only lasted 48 hours - providing an incredible BM profile as well as no deformities currently being present... Which is all I could of ever hoped for!


The labour was not the 'natural with no pain relief' birth that I wanted. I turned down induction twice and I lasted 14 hours with no pain relief or intervention, birthing myself to 5cm dilated at home,  even with little to no breaks between contractions. I'm pretty impressed I got through it, I got to 9.5cm dilated and the 0.05cm was just not happening due to over medical reasons so it ended in a ECS.




Emila @ 12.5weeks
Emila's nearly 13 weeks now, I can't believe how quick time has gone... it's as if she's always been here.






No comments:

Post a Comment