Friday 4 July 2014

My little Rae of sunshine turned 1!



Our baby is 1!



So my baby hit the FIRST birthday mark on the 13th of April! The time has flown by, it seems so surreal to think that it's been a whole year since she was born. I've never known a love like it, I have never a little girl who is so loving and courageous and it makes me so proud to call her my daughter. There were times we thought we wouldn't get to this milestone so it's extra special for us... and of course, I had to spoil her rotten!


Unfortunately we had to cancel her party that we had planned for the day before her birthday, which I'm still pretty bummed about but there is always next year... and I'll make sure it's a big one! Despite this, her actual birthday was great. We had a lovely day; we spent some of the afternoon at her little friend Frankie's birthday party, everyone had a lovely time and Orlaith loved it!! Although it being Orlaith's birthday, they acknowledged every babies birthday too which was so nice of the parents, they hired soft play equipment and it was so much fun for them. We then spent the rest of the day with family; going for a walk, playing in the park with a spot of football and even adventured on the miniature trains; it was such a simple day yet so nice to spend it with our nearest and dearest in the sunshine! ☀️ Orlaith's also so close to walking now, she can confidently walk between objects and has taken quite a few steps - I can't wait for the time when she's independently walking! LOVE milestones, they always remind me of lucky I am and how clever my girl is.






Of course it wouldn't of been a M-Banks birthday without more family round in the evening for dinner, treats and plenty of birthday cake. Ah I was so excited for her birthday cake, of course with Minnie Mouse on it she loved it! This child is literally obsessed! So cute when everyone sings happy birthday to little ones and they just sit and stare as if to say 'what are you all doing?! ooooh fire, lemme touch it!'. That was definitely the case with Orlaith, I don't think she knew what was going on at all... she just wanted the cake! Along with the food, decorations and of course the attention, she had an amazing day. I thought I would be an emotional wreck, but somehow I managed to keep it all together! Thank you to everyone to helped us celebrate our girl's birthday with us, and for all her gifts too! Here's to another amazing year! In 18 weeks, she will be a big sister and I'm so excited to celebrate all the future occasions and moments with them! 


Here's to another amazing year; Happy Birthday our beautiful girl! xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment