Monday 15 July 2013

Pet hates!

I've been reading recently on various blogs and outlets, peoples pet hates when it comes to having a baby or things that never bothered them but now do - I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this but these things currently drive me crazy!!
 
Pet hates -

1) social networking
2) irritating people 
3) hospitals 
4) people debating who my child looks like
5) my new found love for 'take a break' magazine

Explained -

1) social networking 
I hate social networking for many reasons but since having a child I find myself sucked in - I always swore whilst pregnant that I would not post about my baby and a ban would be in place to stop me being that obsessive mother who constantly uploads about their child.... Well surprise surprise, I am that person! I dread to think how annoying I've become, but I really don't care - I want the world to know about how much of a beaut my daughter is and if you don't like it, do one. I now also despise Facebook and Twitter more than ever because of the 'share' option, I simply can't stand it when random people share things - especially photos and irrelevant statuses... Like who does that? It's weird. I don't know any of these people's friends and quite frankly, they could be molestering murderers for all I know. I love Instagram though... I used to love a good vain selfie or food upload but now (you guessed it) - I constantly upload pics of Orlaith... some people love the little lady though, she's getting quite a fan club! 

2) irritating people 
I keep finding people who I have never spoken to or at least not for a few years, coming out the wood work for the down low and update - I was more than aware this blog would attract the nosey ones but ever since Orlaith's birth people I hardly know have messaged me clearly just to get the gossip. Don't get me wrong, I can tell genuine support from gossip and some lovely people out there have sent me such nice messages but a "hiya, howz ya baby?" is something I won't reply to, especially if I haven't spoken to you in years FYI. Persistent people who can't take 'no' for an answer are also a pet hate; when we're home, I will have no problem with shutting the door in some faces if they can't respect an answer they were not looking for. There's also the so called friends and family which just haven't bothered with us at all - I have a fantastic memory (and I certainly remember all the times I've helped and supported others) so I hope they get the message when they come knocking on my door and no ones willing to answer. 

3) hospitals
For obvious reasons, I now can't stand hospitals. After a long traumatic, induction, labour, delivery, post birth, Orlaith's visits and times in various hospitals; it is safe to say I won't miss them at all. Staff are lovely but my god, I won't miss them coming in the room hourly with all sorts of things to do and I certainly won't miss the pull out beds, awkward shower times and  being so far from home and my family!

4) people debating who my child looks like
In case you've been living under a rock, I've had a daughter; Orlaith, who is my double. It's uncanny the resemblence and how much she looks like me, especially as a baby. However, you do get those annoying people who are like "oh doesn't she look like..." or "I think she looks like..." - no, she doesn't... Please feel free to shut up :D 

5) my new found love for 'take a break' magazine
Understandably, I have plenty of time on my hands and since being in hospitals - I'm now a fully pledged take a break addict. It all started when I picked it up one time as there was nothing else in a hospital shop and I had time to pass, since then I've been hooked on the ridiculous, trashy stories it has every week. I need help!

And rant over :) 
It seems most of us have similar pet hates.. What are yours? 
 


... I guess it wouldn't be right if I didn't list my pet loves too 

1) Baby daddy
I couldn't love him anymore than I do; he bugs the hell out of me all the time and I constantly want to kill him but I couldn't ask for a better father for Orlaith, they are  besotted with each other... Definitely a daddy's girl! He's also a loyal, caring person who would do anything for anyone and I'm glad I went through this with him... This won't put us off any more babies! haha 

2) Parents
I don't think I've ever appreciated my mum and dad more, along with Andrew's parents; they've never stopped loving, caring, supporting and forever giving. Family is such an important thing! 

3) and of course my babe, O
I've never loved anyone or anything as much as I love Orlaith. As her parents, we couldn't be more proud (or impressed!) of her and how far she has come. Everything thrown at her, she has handled it amazingly; a fierce soul just like her mumma ;-). She makes this rather shit journey totally worth it; love you crazy amounts cupcake xxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment