Friday 28 June 2013

A spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down, in the most delightful way!

Regardless of any medicine or side effect, my baby is the most beautiful being I've ever laid eyes on but some medicines have horrible side effects! Orlaith was put on diazoxide which is a medicine that aids the secretion of insulin in the pancreas and is mostly used on CHI babies.

Anyone who has ever met my baby or had a baby or known a baby on this medicine knows of the most horrid side effect - body hair. Most babies will develop hair on their foreheads, arms, legs, bum and back. After the medicine has stopped, the hair within a few weeks, sometimes months, will fall out... This is second nature to us now and we never even notice it; one mum who had a son with HI simply said it was just who he was and couldn't imagine him without it, well me too!

The reason I'm posting about this is some parents feel it's just their baby/child with these side effects.. when in reality most babies/children have it! Everyone says its hardly noticeable on Orlaith, but trust me..it's there! It is something minor in our eyes, treating our baby is the most important thing.. Who gives a shit what others think?

Many parents don't know how to deal with someone insulting their baby, of course you want to kill them - that's just human nature, but if we're all honest.. we have all thought about it and worried. I even have my "story" of being insulted....
One old hag/bitch from hell/c*nt even went to the extent of stealing one of Orlaith's pictures from my mother in law's facebook account and took the time to find a picture on the internet of a baby monkey in a dress, putting them side by side and captioning it 'Twins!!!' and then posted in on facebook. I mean how low can a middle aged women be? Claiming it was funny and meant to be a joke? I dont know about anyone else but a joke to me is something which brings laughter and uplifts your mood - this women is deranged and needs a good slap. Some people have mentioned Orlaith's "cute monobrow" and have jokingly called her monkey - I will rip you to pieces if you insult my baby, just putting it out there!

Orlaith's come off diazoxide now as it wasn't helping her much, she is now on Glucagon (a hormone which helps increase glucose levels) and its working really well for her - no hypo's to date - side effect of this is a rash on the face and chest and itchy skin, nothing a bit of piriton can't help with! She'll thank us one day.. but right now, she hates us! I don't think a 10 week old really knows what an itch is, must be a weird sensation for them!

Persevere people, your babies will be alright... cute monobrow and all ;) xxx

My beautiful babe!




No comments:

Post a Comment